Sunday 1 May 2016

[KNETZ] CL has never dissed or belittled an Asian woman in an interview. (Paper magazines and debates deleted.)

A blogger saw CL’s racist online speech and wanted to find out the details, so now the words she uploaded is surfacing and spreading all around.

If you want to read part of her original words, just click into the link.

There was an overwhelmed controversy about CL’s speech in an interview with an American paper magazine last year.
Question: Is Korea a major force in luxury?

CL: I think a lot of the young kids right now are looking for something new,and they want to look different. Especially girls, and this is why I'm trying to come out here, to set an example of an Asian girl. A lot of Asian girls love being basic because it's safe. But the thing is, a lot of my fans are those girls, and they want to be bolder, but there's no one they could look up to and be like, “It's OK to be that way.” There's no one out here who will do that, and I feel like I have done enough for Asia and changed a lot of girls. Even if it's a phone case, they try. Girls in Asia are very obedient, shy, timid, quiet, but I can tell that it's changing, and I want them to be stronger and tell them that it's OK to be different. Being special is a luxury, and I don't think we have that yet.

CL’s words were wrongly quoted and completely misinterpreted by the paper magazine.

Even though I already knew this breathtaking truth since last year, I firmly believed CL would explain this controversy caused by her own words at the right time; my idea was to wait calmly for CL to cope and the truth will be revealed one day. So whenever all the community and articles publish news related to CL, leading to talks about her “Asian Girl Strike” interview without delay, and even if she received sarcastic remarks and mutilations, I quietly kept my mouth shut and just watched.

However, even if I can explain for her with my mouth, “It’s not the truth,” the awaited person of the controversy cannot explain herself since the controversy broke out six months after until now. As a celebrity, CL’s image and situation is constantly being undermined by mismanagement.

If we should just wait for CL’s official statement, CL, and her sister will be subjected to even more undeserving hatred and mockery from public due to accusations of something that she did not do. Hence after much considerations an overseas fan reveals the truth he/she heard from CL’s current manager in the US, Dan.



18 June 2015, CL and her manager Dan at her autograph session after LA Dodger’s first pitch.


There's an international fan who is able to send and receive direct messages on twitter to CL's US manager with a certain chance as a momentum.

Like many of CL’s fans, this fan felt a weird vibe after reading Cl’s paper magazine interview and at Turkey’s time of last year’ September 2, 10:31am, this fan sent the following direct message to Dan (Twitter ID @koreantomcruise).


“Can I just ask what the hell went wrong in the paper magazine interview? CL has talked about the whole Asian model thing so so many times before but it had never been worded like this. Are these her words or did the journalist write down his/her own words? That quote makes it seem like she’s generalising an entire group of people which is wrong and everything she’s against. She’s getting a ton of hate for it both internationally and in Korea and she doesn’t need that right now. So please, if you can do something. You trying to clarify it has no use because they’re her words.”


Above is a fan’s capture of Dan’s reply at that time.

“The truth is she was totally misquoted and she actually didn’t use the words that were attributed to her (“basic”, “obedient” etc). The problem is that if she says anything it will continue the news story and controversy and we would rather let this die for now and address the issue in another interview at a later point in time. But we appreciate the true fans understanding and standing up for her. We just want to keep everything positive! But don’t want to start any rumours so please keep this between us.”

In summary, what paper magazine has reported about CL’s statement was not actually said by her; her words have been twisted, was accused and dishonoured her reputation.

According to the fan, ever since she debuted, her perspective towards asians and westerns has been clear — how asian women are viewed by the caucasians, the stigma, stereotype associated to them — and has always been careful as she answered questions associated to that in countless interviews. However, Paper Magazine’s report on Cl’s over generalisation of a certain group, and how she provided no solid evidences to support her negative view point against them, is utterly unbelievable looking back how CL dealt with such.

previous post (http://clmygoddess.blog.me/220470145736) is a compilation of CL’s interviews where she answered asian-western associated questions. It is evident that from the words she used, her attitude clearly reflects how she is not the same as to what Paper Magazine has described her to be.

https://youtu.be/hsLUhp9AWpo

From 14.24
Interviewer: You have been successful in the music industry. What is 2NE1’s plan?
CL: I think it's about time Asian girls step up and change the world

February 18, 2013 Interview with America Billboard
CL hopes to change stereotypes regarding Asian women. "I want to represent Asian women. I want to break that typical Asian female stereotype. There's this standard where they're all calm," she says excitedly. "I want to break that. I want to tell the world that there are some badass Asian female girls and that we can be cool. That we're nothing different. I want to break that standard and stand up for all the girls.

2013 June Baddest Female comeback US Billboard interview
2012 June 18 France Khan Advertisement Speech (the 59th CANNES LIONS International Festival of Creativity)
The following is Dan’s reply on September 3 at 2am.

Interviewer: What were you trying to portray in Baddest Female?
CL: There are two meanings for “‘Bad”, one being ‘weak’ and the other being ‘cool’. Hence the title Baddest Female. I wanted to represent cool females in Asia. Therefore I tried to create a song empowering women, and provoke the viewers to be amazed and think “wow there is such a person/female”. I wanted to voice out for female, urge them to be strong and independent, which are some of the reasons why I decided to release this song.

Interviewer: Was there any particular instances that made you feel that way?
CL: I was raised and grown in international schools since young. And from there I realised, “there always are negative stereotypes against Asian females, or males.” Of course there were positive stereotypes, but the negative ones overrode it. So feeling the need to dispel such stigma away was natural to me as I grew up. As I am a performer, musician, I wanted to show the world how there are Asians who dress this way, and like Hip hop through my music and performance. There are so many great females that are overlooked because of their race.

CL’s conviction towards Baddest Female (interview)
http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109610483

2013 June 4 Interview
Besides 2NE1, Cl always emphasises on ‘female’. This is because of Cl’s remarkable strength of will to break the westerner’s negative perspective towards Asian women. Her conviction was clearly reflected throughout the interview.
“I went to international school, and Ibfound out that foreigners' views towards Asian women were very fixed. There were positive effects but also the opposite of it. Getting along with foreign friends with such ideas, I feel like I become more and more determined to break the sterotype as I grew up. Then one day, Jeremy Scott and Will.I.Am told me that they didn't know there were Asian Girls who like Hip-Hop and wear stylish clothes like me. Once I heard it, I really wanted to show the image of Asian Women: There were so many cool girls out here"

Original text was too long so I cut the important things out. Go in and look
CL is such a forgiving lady she was hated and accused of racism
Why isn’t YG doing anything they should file a report about it.

Source: INSTIZ

[1] Omg I remember when I saw that interview I was disappointed, too. If that was true I might need to have an adjustment.

[2] Finally uploadedㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[3] Our CL is such a cool woman;

[4] At that time I was like huh? CL? the CL I know belittling people? Those were my only thoughts so I couldn’t say anything. I’m so glad she was misquoted and misunderstood. I’m so mad when I think about all the bad remarks CL received at that time.

[5] Wow she received so many criticism at that time. Wow this is so unfair.

[6] Yup, I did well just reading it without believing it. (OP meant he/she read the article of CL degrading asian woman and don't believe it)

[7] Wah..Seriously all those who misunderstood CL should read this…

[8] It’s easy to incite but it’s hard to believe the truth. I hope this article can be spread around more and dissolve the misunderstanding.

[9] If it wasn’t for this article CL might have had to live with the misunderstanding forever. I hope more people see this article and stop the misunderstanding.

Author's Notes:
-Big Thanks to my friend Dawn and also @whitewoodGZB for helping me out with this

No comments:

Post a Comment